DK Description: For people who want new, quick, and easy family-pleasing recipes, Everyday Easy cookbooks maximize the quality of everyday cooking with minimum effort. 30-Minute Dinners includes recipes that use readily available ingredients and are simple to prepare, from quick and hearty salads and soups, to fuss-free meals, and express desserts.
This recipe book is quite the book! It has so many features that I loved, it will be hard to list them all, but I will try.
Here are the main features that I really like about this book:
- The full colour, detailed photographs of every recipe!
- Refrigerator and Freezer Storage Guidelines
- The detailed techniques pages
- The simple instructions
- The servings size listings
- The prep time and cook times on every recipe.
There were quite a few recipes that included seafood and fish, something that I do not make. However, having said that, there are many recipes in this book that I can't wait to test out including:
- Chicken Poached in Coconut Milk
- Waldorf Salad
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Danish Meatballs
- Pork chops with Green Peppercorn Sauce
- Bulgur with Mixed Peppers, Mint and Paprika
- Filet Mignons with Walnut Pesto
- Pan-fried Ham with Pineapple Salsa
- Egg and Fennel Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Gratin
- Carmelized Pork Tenderloin with Pecans and Apricots
- Turkey Burgers
- Pork Scallops with Bread Crumb and Parsley Crust
- Pineapple Flambe
- Strawberry Yogurt Mousse
I tried out the Rice Balls with Cheese on page 96. This was definitely a family hit! Truth be told, I forgot to add the cheese and they were still super yummy. Surprisingly they were very easy to make too. I had leftover risotto from the night before that worked perfectly with this recipe.