Updated with a more straight forward Ingredient list and directions - let me know when you try it!
1/2 - 3/4 of a bag of large noodle pasta like ziti
approx. 1lb of ground beef
1 pkg/envelope of taco seasoning
1/2 pkg of cream cheese (about 4oz)
1 1/2C shredded cheese (I used marble)
1. boil pasta until just cooked, drain, run cold water over it
2. brown ground beef
3. mix together taco season and 1C of water, pour over cooked beef and let simmer for about 5 minutes until the liquid has reduced
4. add the 1/2 pkg of cream cheese to the beef mixture, stir until melted and combined, remove from heat
5. put pasta in your casserole dish or pot, mix in 1C of the shredded cheese
6. top pasta and cheese with beef mixture, gently mix until the pasta is coated
7. top with remaining 1/2C of shredded cheese
8. bake at 350 uncovered for approx 30 minutes
Here's my original post with photos, let me know if you have any questions, and enjoy!
Boil pasta, don't over cook it as you will be baking it later. I like rigatoni and ziti for this recipe, but any big noodles will do.
While pasta is cooking, brown ground beef.
When ground beef is cooked through add taco seasoning mixed with 1C water and let simmer.
When ground beef is ready add approx. half a pkg of cream cheese and stir until melted and mixed in.
When pasta is ready drain and run cold water over it.
In a casserole dish add cooked pasta, stir in some shredded cheese, the ground beef mixture, top with more cheese, leave uncovered and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
Oh my gosh, it's so yummy, kids like it as well! Make lots so you can have leftovers for lunch the next day! :-)