- For fluffier rice add a teaspoon of white vinegar to the boiling water. Easier to serve this way too!
- Add two tablespoons of vinegar per quart of water before boiling eggs to prevent cracking.
- When poaching eggs, add a little white distilled vinegar to the water and the whites will stay better formed.
- For firmer, whiter fish, soak a filet for 20 minutes in one quart of water and two tablespoons of vinegar.
- Make a fluffier, and more stable, meringue by adding vinegar to egg whites before beating. For every 3 egg whites in recipe, add 1/2 teaspoon of vinegar.
Have a cooking tip to share? Let us know in the comments and we will feature it in a future post!